Eating your vegetables is super important right? Well, I find that when the temperature starts to drop that the only thing I would like to eat is pasta, muffins, oatmeal, cheese sauce, cake. The main food groups. 😉 Enter my Chipotle Lime plant based salad. It has all the deliciousness of a fall meal and its warm to boot!
When making salad it isn’t overly important to measure anything. It actually isn’t important at all. Throw some veggies in a pan with amazing things like garlic and onions and get going. The only thing you might want to do is measure out any ingredients for the salads dressing. That is if you are new to making your own salad dressing.
Plant Based Chipotle, Lime Warm Salad
✓ Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 350
- Drain and pat dry one can of chickpeas
- Really make sure you really dry them out well it’s important so that they will turn crispy
- Place on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until crispy
✓ Sweet Potatoes
- At the same time as your chickpeas
- Cube several sweet potatoes (think bite size pieces)
- Place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake at 350 40ish minutes
- When your potato’s and chickpeas are almost done
- Start your greens!
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, cook down half a thinly sliced onion and two cloves of garlic
- You could also add in any other veggies you might like (mushrooms, peppers asparagus)
- When onions and garlic are translucent add tons of Spinach and Kale
- Add more than you think as it will shrink a lot
✓ Chipotle Lime Dressing
This will make extra for later!
- 1 cup of vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp of dried chipotle
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Mix everything together and set aside until ready to use
- Place your greens and veggies in a large bowl
- Top with your sweet pots, chickpeas half an avocado and then drizzle with your chipotle lime dressing
- You can make your sweet potatoes and chickpeas ahead of time so they are ready when you are!
More recipes here —> Recipes
Have a great day!