Here is what I know, I know that making and eating amazing food is the key to long term success in building a healthy, sustainable lifestyle. Enter; banana, walnut, chocolate waffles. These 5 minute Vitamix waffles seriously only take 5 minutes. They are also vegan and gluten free! Not on purpose, it just worked out that way but, I’m not complaining.
If you don’t have experience making flax eggs don’t worry because it is super easy. You can also use two regular ol’ eggs if you eat eggs, or don’t have ground flax. When the batter is first ready it will be a little runny but, will quickly thicken. If your batter gets too thick, add a little bit more almond milk or water.
What else should you know… Nothing.
Seriously, 5 minute Vitamix Waffles actually take no time and are so easy! Double the recipe and make extra waffles to freeze for a quick weekday breakfast or mid-day snack. Be sure to cool your waffles completely before freezing or they will stick together. Take them out the night before you plan to use them and put them in the toaster or microwave! Or, forget to take them out and let them thaw in your lunch bag for an afternoon snack.
If you have any suggestions or request of what you would like to see next please let me know! You can message me on Instagram or Facebook. Or, check out other recipes I already have up here —> Recipes.
After all of that chit, chat here is your recipe!
5 Minute Vitamix Waffles
- Waffle Maker
- Vitamix or other high powered blender
- 1 1/2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs ( you could also substitute 2 regular eggs)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 4 tbls Enjoy life chocolate chips
Flax Eggs ( double amount to make 2 flax eggs)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp water
- Turn on your waffle maker to a lower setting if possible. I have a cuisinart and use setting 2. Mix together your 2tbsp ground flax and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Set aside and let it thicken.Add all ingredients to your blender (except chocolate chips if you're using them.) Blend all ingredients starting on a low setting and ending on the highest setting on your blender. Add chocolate chips and stir. Pour waffle mix into waffle maker, cook just until light brown.Top with extra walnuts, maple syrup, honey or whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!!
Hope you enjoy your 5 minute Vitamix Waffles!